For the first time ever, we’ve added coconut to our limited-edition coffee flavor offerings, and it has yet to disappoint. Lightly toasted and subtle, our Hawaiian Coconut Coffee is reminiscent of sunshine and waves. But, if you’re looking for even more of the coconut flavor you love and have a sweet tooth, you’ll love this recipe for Hawaiian Coffee Cake, developed in our own bakery and featuring the coffee after which it’s named.
Hawaiian Coffee Cake Recipe
1 1/2 cup flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup pineapple, crushed (keep juice to pour in brewed coffee)
¼ cup brewed Hawaiian Coconut Coffee
½ cup melted butter
½ cup coconut
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. melted butter
- Sift together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add melted butter and egg.
- Add pineapple.
- Combine brewed coffee (cooled) and pineapple juice and add to the mixture.
- Batter will be thick. Put in a 9x9, greased baking pan.
- Mix topping ingredients and top the batter with mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Flavor Your Day
We hope you’ll love pairing this tropical coffee cake recipe with Berres Brothers Hawaiian Coconut Coffee. If you’d like more unique Berres Brothers coffee flavors or non-flavored varieties, browse all of our offerings and start your vacation from the ordinary.
< Back to Blog