Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee is back this season as a limited-edition flavor, and if you’re a fan, you’ll also love our recipe for Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee Cake, which we serve right here in the Berres Brothers café. Featuring hazelnut syrup and plenty of streusel, this recipe brings out the subtle cinnamon spice and hazelnut flavors of its coffee counterpart for a sweet, flavorful breakfast that feels more like dessert.
Try it for yourself with the recipe below!
Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee Cake Recipe
1 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon
4 pumps hazelnut flavored coffee syrup (4 tsp.)
¼ cup brewed Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee or another indulgent coffee flavor
½ cup buttermilk
1 cup sugar
3 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1-1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ cup butter with 2 tsp. hazelnut flavored coffee syrup
- In a large bowl, combine oil, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, flavored syrup, brewed coffee (cooled), and buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, blend sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon to create streusel/topping.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 9x13-inch pan. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Top with remaining batter and sprinkle remaining streusel over batter.
- Melt the butter and add hazelnut flavoring. Drizzle over the top of the streusel.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
Flavor Your Day
We hope you’ll love pairing this recipe with Berres Brothers coffee, or better yet, Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee! If you’d like more unique Berres Brothers coffee flavors or non-flavored varieties, browse all of our offerings and start your vacation from the ordinary.
< Back to Blog